The Fields Family

Alexys Nicholle and Nathan David

Thursday, August 14, 2008

One more week of freedom!!

Lexy will start school one week from today. WOW!! I'm excited and she is super excited, so hopefully it goes without a hitch. We get to go to her classroom and meet her new teacher next Wednesday, so I'm anxious about doing that. It just seems like "regular" preschool is just so much more organized. I'm still in the dark about a lot of things, and I'm trying to just go with the flow and so far so good. I still have a list of questions to ask the teacher and am also anxious to see who else is in her class. I know it will be a great experience for Lexy and she really does need the time away from home. She loves to be taught new things and I'm sure will just love it!!
Lexy had her oncology appointment this week and all went great. Her counts were awesome and we go back in 8 weeks. She really has adjusted very well to having a new doctor (her Dr from the beginning recently left for Texas). He is quite impressed with her and she seems to think he's pretty darn funny. We stopped on the way home at Stride Rite and she got a new pair of shoes for school. She wanted pink and shiny ones, so that's what she got. Nathan wanted orange, so I settled for a pair that is gray with orange on the inside, and that made him happy too.
Today we went out for breakfast and got our haircuts done. Both of the kids do so well, and sit like little angels all by themselves in the chair. I never dreamed Lexy would handle it so well but I just kept taking her and know she is great. The both look forward to their suckers at the end, imagine that!!
We are taking it pretty easy until school starts now. No plans until Disneyworld in a couple weeks (which is big enough)! They talk about going all the time, and will be so excited when we are actually there. I'm looking forward to it as well, because it'll be my last vacation with only 2 kids. And I thought it was complicated now!!
Well better go, enjoy your day and thanks for checking in on us. Here's some pictures from our new playroom and family room. We have all been enjoying it so much!! Liz



1 Comments:

  • At August 14, 2008 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

    Hey Elizabeth, thanks for leaving me a comment. I love the Disney feel to your blog, and I am so jealous that you are going again this year. If all things go well, we may be taking a fall trip as well, but we'll see. Congrats on the awesome news about Lexi. I am so happy she is doing so well. Love the playroom...are the wall decorations from Uppercase Living? Talk to you soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home